Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Happy Wednesday on this semi-bright, and somewhat warmish morning. How’s that for starting off with definites? This may be short as I only have about twenty minutes to write before I run out the door to the office. Wednesday morning is staff  meeting morning for the three of us as we sit and coordinate our calendars and work out what plans we may be making for the church. We only take about an hour to an hour and a half.

After the staff meeting this morning, we are heading out to a nursery down on the southwest side of Mt. Vernon, Indiana. Ms. Kate has it in her mind that she wants to get some more plants, specifically at least one tree peony. Of course then we’ll end up walking through the entire place, filling up the cart and guess who will be doing the planting. I’m not sure where she thinks we are going to put anything more. I have no intention of creating yet another flowerbed. I barely get the ones we have taken care of. But —— we’ll see what ends up in the car.

I did get out and do some raking yesterday. I got the sunflower seed residue raked up from under the pussy willow tree area. The robins lovd it because it exposed fresh bare ground and they had a buffet of their own right outside my back door. I have four more places to rake up and then I need to go to Lowes and get some Scott’s Yard turf builder and spread on this back yard. I hope to fill in all of these dead and bare spots back here. The leaves will be coming on the trees soon and the entire area will be in shade again. It makes it tough to get grass to grow. But I do what I can.

I also got the snow blade off of the John Deere and the mower deck put on yesterday. I guess spring better make it’s mind up to get here and stay for awhile. This week looks so promising though for good weather which is most likely why Ms. Kate wants to go to the nursery today. It’s a vicious circle isn’t it?

Okay, it is time for me to go. I offer prayers that your day will be a blessed one and that good things will happen to you today. Share your love and blessings with someone today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment