Thursday, April 12, 2018

Well, —- this Thursday morning gets a rating of “G” for glorious. It is sunny, and sixty one degrees, not a cloud in the sky. We do however have a weather alert for wind gusts up to forty miles an hour. But that is going to dry the soil out and the yards too. I anticipate getting a lot of work done today out in the yard. Tomorrow is supposed to be a carbon copy of today. The farmers will be out testing soil for sure and will be working ground. These days you don’t see a lot of farmers turning the soil over with a plow like they did when I was a kid. They basically disc and harrow the soil and then just drill the seed in. But days like this will warm the soil too so life will get better for them. For that, I say a prayer of thanks.

Ms. Kate and I went to the nursery yesterday afternoon and I now have a trunk load of plants that I will need to eventually get in the ground. She bought some nice stuff although I’m not sure where it is going to go. part of my plan for today is to get the lettuce planted and the beets. I’ve never raised beets before, so this will be an experiment. Ms. Kate also bought a small package of okra seed. I’ve not raised okra from seed before. We usually buy three or four plants and raise it that way. It will be another experiment. If I end up with a dozen okra plants and it grows like it has the last couple of years — I will have an okra forest out there We also bought a tree peony. We bought one two or three years ago and it did nothing but die. So, we will try it again. They are really pretty when they turn out right.

I need to get my propane tanks filled this morning. It would be nice to throw something on the grill today or tomorrow. I had pne tank run out some months ago and never re-filled it and then on Easter Sunday, the backup tank went empty in the middle of cooking the brats. Just another job on the list for today.

My buffet guests are telling me that I have to refill feeders again today. Although as I lok at them, they are “low” but far from empty. That job will be low on the list.

So, it is time to get dressed and get out and enjoy this God given beautiful day to the fullest. I hope you have time to do the same. Days like this are great reminders of what a magnificent God we have and how majestic His world can be. I pray your day is blessed. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment