Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Wow! I actually saw a squirrel take on the starlings this morning over feeders possession. That is the first time I have ever seen the squirrels actually jump at a bird to get them off of a feeder. So, it has been a busy morning here at the buffet. I filled a bunch of the sunflower feeders yesterday afternoon. Today I need to fill the barkbutter paste feeders and suet feeders as well as the thistle seed feeders. We actually have some really good weather on tap for a couple of days so it will be good to get out side and spend some leisure time filling feeders instead of bundling up and shivering while I do it. The ground is fairly dry to walk around on for the first time in I don’t know how long. I’m gong to spend some time raking up bird seed chaff from under the feeders today. I’ve been waiting for it to get dry enough to do that.

I did parishioner visitation yesterday after my office hours. The family I went to see is my fellow with the new knee. He is doing really well. His actual physical therapy begins tomorrow I think., but he is doing what he needs to do at home so he will mend quickly.

Last night we had the church council meeting. There is nothing exciting to report from that. Our council works very hard. What I find amazing is that we have so many committees at this church. I know we aren’t supposed to compare churches but at my last parish, one church only had a congregational meeting twice a year and I never in twelve years saw a “council meeting” as such. The other church had a five person church council that met once a month and that was it besides the two congregational meeting a year. At this church I think there are eight council members and maybe eleven standing committees and the churches are very similar in size. It is interesting, not better or worse, just interesting.

I think the cold snap a couple of nights ago did a number on my daffodils. They aren’t near as bright and pretty as they were. Of course it could be that they are simply getting “past bloom”. I have a really nice bunch of yellow tulips out by the west fence that are blooming now. My new tulip beds out front are growing well but have yet to bud or bloom. I guess they are a later variety. I’m anxious to see what they are going to do.

I have two cats out here on patrol this morning. Both are black. I’ve not seen them together before so that is a new something. The squirrels are going nuts fussing at them so that is a happy thing. LOL Other than that, I’m out of news with the exception that I need to tell you once again that God loves you very much. If you haven’t taken time to talk to God yet today, why not stop right now and do so. That’s what I’m going to do. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment