Monday, April 16, 2018

Okay!!! What is up with this snow? Who authorized snow on April 16th? This is really getting old and people are really getting grumpy. I'm even at the point where I frowned this morning. But my backyard buffet guests just go blithely on as if it were a sunny day. The difference being that they were all puffed up once again as a defense against the thirty-two degree temperature and the wind. The wind is sharp this morning making the "feels like" temperature down in the twenties.

I have office hours this morning until noon. Then this afternoon I need to do some touch up on my sermon for this Sunday. I wasn't supposed to preach this coming Sunday but Art has a family funeral to attend and asked me if I'd fill in for him. Of course it isn't a problem. I had most of my sermon for the following week already written so I'll just do it a week earlier.

I had hoped to be able to spread my mulch on Saturday but the rain prevented that. While it didn't rain all day, the ground was too muddy to be walking around in. My young kid next door called me yesterday afternoon to see if I wanted to do it then but I told him it was still too wet. So, we'll hope for some dryer and sunnier days this week and maybe some afternoon he can help me if he isn't covered up with homework.

Today will be laundry day for Ms. Kate while I'm at the office. With just the two of us, it only takes a couple of loads. But I'll have to swap it from the washer to the dryer when I get home because she is too short to reach it without using a pair of tongs. I'd make fun of her for it except that it is almost too deep for me to reach the bottom of the washing machine without stretching a little. I may go by the nursing home and do a little visitation on the way home today after I finish at the office. We have a couple of folks that can't get out at all. One lady has alzheimers and won't recognize me at al but her husband certainly will and part of the reason for going is to give a a sense of peace to the family members.

My time is up and I need to get busy. I pray your day is better than the weather and will instead be full of warmth of spirit and sunshine in your soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment