Thursday, May 1, 2014

I think I can count eleven Cardinals out there this morning. What a beautiful sight that is. It is a bit hard to keep track of them because they flitter and flutter and fly from branch to branch and feeder to feeder.

We also have lots of Sparrows and Finches flitting back and forth. The Mockingbird comes in for a bite or two and heads out into the trees or the top of the roof to sing about it. I wonder if what we've always called a Mockingbird is the same thing they call a Mocking Jay in recent movie. I suspect it might be, although the movie indicates the Mocking Jay has a certain distinctive call.

Ms. Kate and I have dental cleanings this morning, --- yuk! But, I guess it something ee need to keep up so we stay healthy. It just isn't on my favorite thing to do list. After that, we nned to head up to the churches and print the bulletins and prep the church for Sunday.

It is May 1st annd it is World Day of Prayer. Wouldn't it be great if everybody in the world would actually stop today and be grateful to whatever their version of God is for the blessing they have. Wouldn't it be great if all our prayers today were said for the benefit of others and not ourselves! That could actually end up being a day of world peace. I"ll do my part, I hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment