Tuesday, May 6, 2014

I'm back on my porch once again, cup of coffee at my side, enjoying the beauty of my back yard and the singing of the birds. Life is as it should be, peaceful and tranquil.

We did enjoy our little overnight excursion to French Lick. After we checked out around 11:00 a.m.. we decided to head on over to Louisville, KY. Ms. Kate wanted to eat at PF Chang for lunch. In fact, she has been hungry for it and talking about it for two weeks. So --- what's better than a 110 mile side trip for lunch!  Lunch was excellent and we got home around 3:00 in the afternoon. Then, I had this week's sermon to rewrite. I finished up around midnight. I had written one already but I asked Kate to read it because I wasn't sure I was saying what I wanted to say. She read it and said it was very confusing to her, so I tore it up and started all over. It happens that way sometimes. My thoughts get tangled up in my fingers and lost before they reach the computer screen. Thank God for allowing men to invent the computer. I can'imagine doing all the writing I do with a typewriter or worse, a pencil.

It is to be another beautiful day today with temperatures in the upper eighties. Unfortunately, I will spend the majority of it down in my office working on next week's services. I cold bring my laptop computer out here on the porch and work but I know myself well enough to realize I would spend my looking outside and not working. Besides, all my reference and research material is down there. So --- off to the dungeon I'll go; after another cup of coffee, or maybe two.

There aren't a lot of birds out here this morning. Some days it is that way. The good news it that we had a Hummingbird back again this morning. It didn't stay long, but once they know the feeders are available they usually come back on a regular basis.

Julie, Jim and the pupperonis are coming over tomorrow. St. Lucas is holding the annual Mother / Daughter banquet tomorrow evening. Ms. Kate and Julie will attend that while Jim and I watch the dogs chase squirrels here at the house.

I give God thanks again this morning for my life and all of my totally undeserved blessings. I have so very much for which to be grateful. I hope you feel as blessed today as I do. If you do, share your happiness with some one else. I'm sharing mine with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment