Tuesday, May 20, 2014

And a bright sunny morning to you too! It is a wonderful morning out here in the sunporch. I have opened up two of the doors to allow a breeze in, which of course also increases the volume of the sounds from outside. And God has quite a symphony going on today.

All of the bird feeders were pretty much empty this morning. It isn't surprising though. There were two squirrels out there on at least two of the feeders most of the day. I cannot understand how they can continue to eat for that long. Don't they have jobs somewhere? Yes, I realize it is the wole clan of them cycling through. But, while I complain about them --- I enjoy watching them too.

There must be three Mockingbirds out there this morning. I've seen two in the pussy willow tree at the same time and still haerd another one or two at the same time. I'm also hearing several Song Sparrows and briefly heard a Pilated Woodpecker. I hope it decides to stop in. I love to watch them. They are so pre-historic looking.

It sure doesn't take long for my birds to know that the feeders are replenished. The Cardinals were swooping in to freshly filled feeders before I finished. It looks as though I have a dozen out there again this morning. Of course, as soon as I fill the bark butter paste feeders the Starlings come in too. But, while they often intimidate the smaller birds, I have two Bluejays and a couple of Hairy Woodpeckers that will challenge them. God's design and natural selection process works well out there. I have those who feed from the feeders, and then I have the ground feeders such as the Doves and the Robins to clean up all the leftovers that gets tossed out. My Finches, Wrens, and Sparrows just eat where and what ever.

I give God my prayers of gratitude again this morning. As I sit out here I always feel such a sense of peace. I would pray that everyone would allow themselves to feel that too. I realize that I am extremely blessed in that my congregations allow me to do my work from home. The fact that I don't have to get up and dressed every morning to go to work is a freedom that I don't take lightly. But my congregations also realize that I'm as close as the phone.

I also send prayers of gratitude that the weather has turned  in southern California and they are getting those wildfires under control. I pray for the folks who lost their homes to not only these fires but also to the tornados and storms last week. My prayers of concern go out to all of those on our prayer list, especially the one who is due to have a baby within the next couple of weeks. God continues to flood our lives with blessings even through events that are tragic at the moment. We never walk alone in this world. There is an old saying that says: "If God takes you to it, --- God will take you through it." I believe that. Have a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment