Saturday, May 10, 2014

We are feeling extremely blessed this morning after seeing all of the storm damage pictures from around town. I have a few limbs down and they are small. I had some damage done to a trellis that I built years ago and had another flag pole snapped off. That is the second one that I have lost to storms. But gosh, we were lucky. Weatherman said this storm just exploded over the top of the city with 77 mph winds. We were with out power for five hours but some may be out all weekend. There is much damage around town but I haven't heard of any injuries or deaths. God be praised.

It looks like we could have more storms today because it is overcast this morning. However, the temp has dropped significantly. All the birds and squirrels are here this morning for breakfast. Maybe they anticipate a storm too. Actually, we only got about an inch and a half of rain so the gardens fared well. Many of the iris are laying over though. Hopefully they will stand back up if it dries out a bit. We'll probably cut some of them for boquets for the church tomorrow. Tomorrow is Mother's Day so it would be nice to have some fresh flowers in the church for the altar.

There is nothing big on my schedule today other than go out and clean up any limbs in my yard. I have a couple of feeders that need to be filled so I reckon I'll get that done too.

I'm sitting here watching the Robin as it takes its bath. It will splash a lot of water out of that bird bath. I guess it didn't get wet enough in the storm and has to take its Saturday morning bath. The starlings will be lining up next for their bath if things go as normal out there. Whoops --- another Robin just came in for a dip in the pond.

My prayers go out for the victims of our storm yesterday, several of whom lost homes. I also  give God thanks that it wasn't worse. A large portion of the nation got hit yet again with storms and tornados. That no one was killed is a blessing from God.

I hope you have a very wonderful day full of love and hope and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment