Friday, May 30, 2014

What a beautiful bright morning! It is 75° already this morning. The wind is calm so while I have not been out yet today, I'm guessing it might already be a bit muggy.

My bunny has visited me already this morning and has now gone back into its secret place. I filled all the feeders late last evening and changed the water in the birdbaths so contentment should reign over the area. We still haven't gotten any rain but are again expecting some this afternoon. Who know; God will provide what God will provide.

My job this morning is to get my yard mowed. I'm pretty sure my neighbor Dan is still gone, so I will go mow his too. After all, its just a continued ride on the John Deere; it isn't like its work. We need to cut the asparagus again too today. Then I promised my 96 year old mother that I will take her to the grocery store. So, my day is fairly well planned with stuff to do. But in the meanwhile, I'm enjoying my cup of coffee or three.

The bunny is back and nosing around here on the patio. I'm wondering if maybe I need to put a saucer of water out there for it. It certainly can't get to the birdbath like the squirrel do. But then maybe it absorbs enough water through the green leaves that it eats. It wouldn't hurt to put something down there for it.

I have several birds out here this morning but not very many at a time. There are mainly Sparrows, a couple of Cardinals and Downy Woodpeckers, a lone Robin who came in for a bath and one single Dove. What I've noticed is that there hasn't been very many Goldfinches. Earlier this springbwe had dozens of them at a time on the thistle feeders and now hardly any. Perhaps we had a migration go through. Then again, they may be find other food sources at the moment.

I guess it is time to put down my stylus and get to work. I need to get my outside work done before it gets too muggy. But I must also take time for The Lord. I'm feeling blessed because Ms. Kate seems to be feeling better this morning. This stomach virus has kicked her down for a solid week plus. This morning she is up and feelng better after a quasi-good night's sleep. So, I give God thanks and praise for that. I also pray for her to continue feeling better and to get fully recovered. I also pray this morning for all my friends and loved ones and  that includes you. I pray your day will be filled with love, peace, and God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment