Monday, May 26, 2014

What a beautiful Memorial Day morning. It is a sunny sixty-five degrees and the feeders are full of Cardinals.

Ms. Kate seems to be feeling better this morning which is a blessing. She's been feeling sick for three or four days and has hardly been out of our bedroom chair. We guess it has been a stomach virus; but it sure has made her miserable. It was great to see her up and walking around this morning.

Yesterday was a great day at the churches. We celebrated our tenth anniversary of my being the pastor for the parish. And,--- what better way to celebrate than with a baptism of a young child. I baptised Waylon Christopher Kruse yesterday. He is one year old and the grandson of Judy, and the late Jim, Kruse. He did an excellent job during the baptism; he smiled all the way through it. I absolutely love doing infant and young children baptisms. They are a good indication that the church will go for another generation, ---  assuming of course that the parents keep the promises they make at the altar.

Julie and Jim went home yesterday. Jim was waiting for a call as to whether he had to work today or not. His boss had not posted the schedule, so better that they be home just in case.

Ms. Kate and Julie went out and put freshly cut roses on the family graves on Saturday, as well as flags on the graves of veterans in the family. There will be VFW honor ceremonies at cemeteries all over the area today, which is as it should be. I'm not sure when this day became singularly about veterans who have died rather than a day of respect for our past generations and loved ones. It is good that we recognize those who fought and died for our country, but this nation has been kept great by more than military might. We have a Veteran's Day to say thank you to those who have served. .

My prayers go up this morning in grateful appreciation that Kate is feeling better. I also pray for safe travels for the millions of people that are jumping out on the highways today in search of fun or heading back home from a holiday visit. I also ask for guidance of the Holy Spirit concerning my role as pastor at the churches. I pray that my leadership will be what God wants it to be and that I will recognize when it is time to quit. I believe there is nothing worse for a parish than the pastor forgetting that he serves at the pleasure of the Lord, and not for his own benefit. And finally I give thanks for this beautiful day. May God show me how to make the best use of it. I hope you have a blessed day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment