Thursday, May 22, 2014

Gosh, what a muggy and overcast morning. There were threats of severe storms and rain etc. last night, but I don't think we got a drop. However, with that thought in mind I did get up on the roof and clean out the gutters. I was surprised at how much stuff was up there. We have a gutter screen system up there that normally allows me to just walk along with my leaf blower and I'm done in less than ten minutes. However, this time they we clogged up with wet maple seeds an petals from the tulip tree, all as a results of the micro-burst storm we had last week. It took a while yesterday and was quite a mess. While I was up there I cut back the pussy willow tree/bush that all of my feeders are in. It has grown to almost twenty feet high and was laying all over the roof of the sunporch. I'm not sure the birds like the trim job because they might not feel as protected, but I think it looks a lot better

There is a bird walking around on the roof. It sounds like it is tap dancing up there. Of course when the squirrels come racing across the roof from out front --- it sounds like the horse track; especially if they are chasing one another. The Doves like to walk around up there for what ever reason, so I suspect that is my tap dancer this morning.

My jobs today might include mowing the back yard. I mowed the front yesterday but not the back. I also need to spend the day writing, and Ms. Kate wants to go to the grocery store. Julie, Jim, and the pupperonis are going to be here for the weekend. It is Memorial Day weekend and the weather is supposed to be perfect.

I can't see it, but, somewhere overhead in the trees there is a major squirrel discussion going on. At least two squirrels are chattering back and forth at one another. It sounds down right vicious. It is most likely another territory dispute. That happens a lot around here.

The clouds are burning off and God has turned on the lights. Maybe we will have a sunny day afterall. I don't think we need rain, but I'm glad I watered the floweres and the garden last evening. I. Love it when the sun filters through the trees and create little spotlights on the ground. Its a cool effect. But then, God is just full of cool effects.

I must close as usual with my prayers for the morning. This will be a weekend where millions of people jump out on the highways and rush off "to have fun". I pray they will do so safely. This morning I also send up prayers of remembrance for loved ones who have passed. That's what this holiday weekend is really all about. I thank God for the impact that each of those people have had on my life. The story of my life from what could have been to what is --- is two drasticly different pictures. God has certainly watched over me and put all the pieces together perfectly. I am --- abundantly blessed.

I hope you feel the same about your life, and give God the credit for all of it. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment