Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It is bath time for Mr. Robin already this morning;  water is splashing everywhere. Actually, I saw the Robin do something strange this morning. It was eating off of a suet feeder. I've never seen one do that. In fact, I seldom ever see a Robin at a feeder. They generally are ground feeders.

It will be another warm and muggy day today. Even the squirrels are already drinking from the birdbaths. It looks like I might have to fill them again. We still haven't gotten any rain, allthough each day has thunderstorm chances built into the forecast. Welcome to the summer weather pattern in southern Indiana.

I had a very young Robin here this morning. I could tell it was young because it still had its speckles instead of its mature plummage. It hopped around here out side the door for a bit and then flew away. We knew there were some young ones somewhere because we found blue egg shells in the rose bed a few weeks back. I'm glad to see at least one made it so far.

There isn't much going on in the back yard so far today. The Downy Woodpecker is here at the barkbutter feeder. The Robins of course continue to fly in, and now a few Starlings. It isn't quite time for the Cardinals yet. They will be flying in, in about thirty minutes from now. I find it amusing that they all seem to have a schedule. The squirrels are unpredictable. They come when they want to. I sat out here yesterday morning and didn't see a single one, I don't think. But this morning there has been one that has been sitting on the same feeder now for at least thirty minutes. Such is life outside the sunporch.

I'm happy to say that Ms. Kate is up and moving annd feeling better today. She has been down with a stomach virus for a week. So, thank you, God, for that blessing this morning. I hate it when she gets sick.

My prayers this morning go out once again for friends and family. We have a young lady at St. Lucas who is within a week of delivery of her second child and our collective prayers go out for her. Her last child was born seven weeks early. However, that young child has done remarkably well. I think that while the calendar said she was early, God said she was good to go; and she has simply brought an extra seven weeks of joy to the whole congregation. It just goes to prove, at least to me, that we are in charge of nothing when it comes to life and death. God determines all of that. Those are not words I would say to the parents and loved ones of the victims of the two senseless mass shootings and violence we witnessed in this country last week; but I firmly believe it to be true. God controls life and death, and we live according to some unknown plan that only God knows. Therefore, we must live everyday as though it is the day that God will call us home.

Today is another day filled with blessings. And since God knows you by name --- many of those blessing are only for you. Have a wonderful day as you look around and find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment