Wednesday, April 30, 2014

It is a cool brilliant morning again. I don't see a cloud in the sky althugh the prediction is for clouds and a shower or two to move in later today. But for now I'll enjoy the sunshine and all the morning songs of the birds.

The wind and or breeze has caused the Maple tree seeds to start falling so the sidewalks and everything else is getting covered with those little "helicopter" seeds that whirl to earth. Nature just keeps on giving us presents. A few years ago both my neighbor and I had Sweet Gum trees in our yard. Those things constantly were dropping gum balls in the yard to the point it was dangerous to walk for fear of twisting an ankle if we stepped on one. Fortuntely we have gotten rid  of them. However, I still constantly fight the residual from all of the seeds they dropped over the years.

There is a rabbit sitting six feet from me right now just outside of the doors to the sunporch. Every spring I have one that stays in the daffodils and lilies and has her young bunnies in there. Its good cover and certainly there is plenty to eat. As long as they don't eat the potted plants or the garden, we'll be friends.

Last night I brought in the two bark butter feeders and filled them. But rather than put them out and having the raccoon suck them clean, I waited until this morning to put them out. The result is that I have had a steady stream of what I call the "pointed bill" birds such as Woodpeckers of two varieties, Titmouse, Starlings, Nuthatch, and of course the Mockingbird. This morning I also have three or maybe four Robins hopping around out there grabbing breakfast. As soon as the grass dries some more I need to mow today. The rain really made it grow. It would be great if we could have a week or ten days with no rain about now so we could get the remainder of our planting done. Of course the farmers are saying the same thing. Sunday we only had a couple of the men in church because they were all out in the fields planting corn.

It is time to stop and give thanks to God for the constant blessings that rain down on me. I may be the richest person I know. My life is full of love and loved ones and friends. I have my faith to sustain me and God who guides me and watches over me. I am truly blessed. I hope you feel that way about your life too. Stuff is just stuff; but love is the very essence of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment