Saturday, May 17, 2014

Its a happy Saturday morning, or at least all my flutter wings and bushy tails seem to think so. Everyone seems to be getting a fair share out there, including my cute baby bunny.

It is a beautiful morning. The sun is shining brightly and it is 46° with no breeze to speak of. We went out and picked up a bunch of suets and stuff like that yesterday morning so there should be a fancy buffet for the critters. Today I need to go pick up a bag or maybe two of sunflower seed. It doesn't take long to go through a 100 lbs of it. Years ago I used to go out and fill my wonderful mother-in-law's bird feeders for her. I don't know how she afforded to keep those feeders filled. I used to call her birds "flying pigs". I really miss Kate's mom; she was a beautiful person. Some day, --- after I'm dead and gone; it would be nice to think that maybe someone will think the same about me.

I been out here on the porch now for 45 minutes and there is a squirrel on one of the feeders that has been steadily eating the whole time. I don't see how it can eat that much. I hope it craps it's self to death. I finally decided it had eaten enough so I popped it with a BB.

I got around to putting the new battery in my truck yesterday. I'm glad to have "Big Red" back among the living. I do like my truck. I was toying with idea of putting a bid on a Cadillac Escalade that is up for auction next week. It is a good vehicle with only 10,000 miles on it and four years old, but we have three vehicles now. Our Cadillac is eight years old and has 140,000 miles on it. But --- it runs fine, looks good, and is paid for. That's a good combination. So, I'll keep my money in the bank. It gets back to what I wrote about yesterday. I have everything I need. Most everything else is just silly desire.

Well, I have drained my coffee cup and almost drained the battery on my Nook. I guess it is time to quit. My prayers again go out for friends and loved ones. I found out yesterday that another friend of mine has stage two lung cancer. I'm hearing that word amongst my friends far too often these day. But, I suspect that I'm getting to the age where it will become even more frequent. I heard last night that the average life span for women in the US is 81 years but the average life span for men is now 76. I hope to go past that since that is only six years from now. But then, on the other hand, if I died today it would have been a wonderfully blessed existance on earth, and I give God praise for every moment and every blessing. I hope you do the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment