Monday, May 12, 2014

73° degrees and muggy this morning already, but the sun is filtered this morning through a partly overcast sky.

I have squirrel wars going on this morning. I had a young squirrel just outside the doors up in the pussy willow tree trying to eat from one of the birdfeeders. It was so stretched out between the limb and the feeder, which kept turning , that he finally gave up. It then went over to another feeder that already had a squirrel on it. That began a chase that has gone across the yard several times, up and over my roof and back again and up and down the Tulip tree and around it at least twenty times. They are all gone for now ---- but thanks for the show guys. It was fun to watch! I'm sure they will be shortly.

It would appear that the old rabbit has had her babies out the among the daffodils and lilies again this year. There is the tiniest bunny sitting out there chewing on a dandelion leaf. I hope it really likes that dandelion and eats all of them in my yard for me. It is really exploring its world. Its now hopping over here to the door. How cute.
The old rabbit comes here every spring to have her litter in that flowerbed. Actually, I don't know how many she has because I never see more than one or two new ones each year.

We had a good day yesterday. It was Mother's Day. The churches had good attendance with people visiting moms for the day. Then we went to our favorite resturant for lunch. Then during the afternoon we went out to visit my 96 year old mother and took her to Cracker Barrel for supper. My duty was done.

I have a lot of work to do. We just added two more weeks of vacation to our schedule at the end of June and the first week of July. That means for me --- a lot of pre-planning of services and getting things ready for when I return. I have time to do it, but it means no wasting time. Our 16 year old granddaughter, Lauren, begins a career as a professional MX rider at the end of June in a race at Mammoth Lakes California, and we want to be there for it. Yes, --- we are going 3000 miles to watch a seven minute race. That's what grandparents do!

My prayers this morning are prayers of gratitude. Once again I take stock of my blessing and see that they are over abundant. I am grateful to God for his grace and I also pray the continued touch of the Holy Spirit be with those who are enduring treatment for cancer and going currently through physical rehabilitation for joint replacements. I have an extensive prayer list these days --- but I know God is aware of each of them and walks with them daily.  God is so good.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment