Friday, May 2, 2014

If you have ever wondered what the Teradactyl looked like, one need look no further than the Pilated Woodpecker. I was fortunate enough to have one fly in again to the feeders this morning.They always announce their arrival with their strange song that sounds like something out of the Amazon. Then they fly in and cling to the branch closest to the bark butter feeder and chow down. I try to sit really still because they pick up on the slightest movement and fly off.

I filled the feeders first thing this morning, even before I had my first cup of coffee. Several of them were totally empty and some needed topped off. Now I can sit and enjoy and so can they. It doesn't take them long to discover the feeders are full again, including the fuzzy tails. I maybe need to pick up a 50 lb bag of black-oil seed. The can is half gone already.

It is a beautiful but cool day across the region. I'm glad it is because today and tomorrow are two big horse races over in Louisville, The Oaks and The Kentucky Derby. The tracks should be plenty dry and the temperature perfect to prevent injury to those wonderful horses. All the "southern ladies" can now show up in their finest and gaudiest hats per tradition, and the mint juleps will flow freely. Lawd have mercy, ain't we genteel!

My prayers this morning go out for Byron. He had his first new chemo infusion treatment yesterday and it wore him out. They gave him five units where normal dose is one. Sheila said they both wore out last evening, --- the stress of it all is enough to drain you mentally and physically. I pray this aggressive treatment plan will help. My prayers also go out for Bob and Georgia Ann. Bob had his knee replaced this week and I pray his rehabilitation goes well.

I need to get on the computer and do some sermon work today. I'm currently in the middle of my sermon for next week which will be Mother'Day. I have a vacation coming up in June so I need to try to get ahead with my work. But --- the words only fall out of my brain and on to my computer screen when they are ready. If I try to force a sermon writing session, they come out disjointed and I always end up starting over. The Lord giveth when the Lord giveth.

So, it is time to count my blessing for today and I think I will begin by being thankful for the blessing of a piece of fresh strawberry pie for breakfast! I hope you have a most wonderful and most blessed day. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment