Thursday, May 8, 2014

It is another excellent morning. Warm breezes are blowing already this morning and the sun is shining brightly. The clouds, however, are beginning to move in. We are supposed to have rain on and off for the next few days. But --- its all good because God is good.

We got out yesterday and bought seven tomato plants as well as cucumbrr and I think squash plants. I planted the tomatos last evening but need to work up the ground to put the rest of the plants in. I also need to get the yard mowed today and I will go across the street and mow Dan's yard. He has torn up his knee so, I'll help him out. I had to buy a battery for the John Deere yesterday. That wasn't cheap.

The flower patterns are changing again around here. The azelias are in full bloom and probably at about half way through their cycle. The iris are starting to bloom really nicely as are the poppies. The peonies are full of buds and I cut my first rose for Ms. Kate yesterday. My raspberries are really full too, but the asparagus is about done I think. The spirea and the snowball bushes are blooming well too. I love spring because we just go from beautiful thing to another. It won't be too many weeks and the knockout roses will be blooming and their blooms last all summer.

I have two squirrels out there this morning. I think we must have a new young squirrel who hasn't learned to be afraid of us yet.  It is smaller than most of the others and just sits there even if I'm in the yard. I thought yesterday I was going to have to literally grab him to get him off of the birdfeeder. I was that close to him. My sister-in-law, Karen, had the same experience with it earlier in the day. It is time to teach it some BB lessons.

I add to my prayers this morning the mother of one of my parishioners. Her daughter told us last nightthatbher mother has been diagnosed with ALS. What a shame. It is a horrible dibilitating disease and so often the patients go through many months of their condition killing them a little bit at a time. The family will need many prayers for strength before the end comes.

I refuse to end a blog on a downer note, so I'll once again offer up my prayers of gratitude for all of my blessings. It would do me no good to try to count them, there is no number for all of them and my math sucks anyway. Have a wonderful day. Smile at a stranger today and make their life better too.


No comments:

Post a Comment