Thursday, May 29, 2014

My little bunny is back this morning, looking in at me. It has been hopping around on the patio eating flower petals that have fallen from the tulip poplar trees. That's fine by me. There are enough out there to grow it into a giant rabbit! The way all of Ms. Kate's flower pots line up along the edge of the patio creates a hidden runway for it up against the phlox and other plants in the flower bed. So, it has it's own little secret garden with no clue that I'm sitting less than ten feet from it. How cool is that?

The squirrels are having to work for their food this morning. They have almost cleaned out the sunflower feeders. So, they are running from feeder to feeder grabbing what they can. I let all the critters totally clean out all the feeders about every two weeks or so. That way I don't end up with feeders full of mold or sprouting birdseed. We tend to forget sometimes that these are wild creatures and they eat anywhere and most anything. I don't have to run a fully furnished buffet every day of the week. On the other hand --- full feeders equals my morning entertainment and adds to the serenity of the back yard; the serenity of which was just broken as three squirrels came crashing and dashing across the sunporch roof chasing one another. That makes five out there this morning. ---- And now, here comes number six to join the mix. I think it just might be time for the old Red Ryder to thin the herd.

It was doing a very weak sprinkle of rain a few moments ago but has now stopped already. We are promised a 50% chance of rain today and a good shower would be nice. We need just enough to water the garden good as well as the the flowers  and of course the crops in the fields. Then it can stop. Of course that's pretty much telling God what to do, isn't it. So, --- let's just be thankful for what ever comes.

I just sent squirrels scrambling in every direction with a couple of well placed butt-shots. However, they will be back momentarily. It's just a game we play. They generally run up on the back side of the trees and then wait to hear the sliding door close. Then they start slowly peeking around the tree to see if I actually went back inside, because sometimes I close the door but stand outside waiting on them. Hey --- there's nothing wrong with being a 69 year old kid once in awhile. I pray I will never forget the joy of playtime. That's when you start being old mentally. And if you convince yourself you are old mentally, you start the slippery slope to death. So, if my last act on earth is to shoot a squirrel in the butt with my BB gun, God will find me laughing at the pearly gates.

Time for prayers and thoughts of peace. I'm sitting here looking a a rose bush covered with blooms. As I think about the intracy of design within a single rose, --- it is overwhelming.  Man, with all of his technology, can not create that. He mght change the genetics of it and thereby cause something different to happen; but he can not create a rose from scratch. Only God can do that. And just think, every living thing on this earth, including you and me, are just  like that rose, and should be treated with awe and respect. Have a blessed day. I certainly will.

No comments:

Post a Comment