Wednesday, May 7, 2014

It must be an excellent morning for baths. The Robin and the Blackbirds have been taking turns in the birdbaths this morning. In between their baths, the Cardinals and the squirrels have come for a drink from the same birdbaths and I think "ewww!"

It is 65° this morning, and I'm up earlier than I want to be, although most people who have regular jobs are already at work. I just have the luxury of not having to do that any more. I set my own hours and always get my work done. Usually I work through the evening and afternoon. I guess maybe I'm a "second shift worker" at heart because that is when my writing juices seem to flow best. I'm not getting ahead any though like I need to. We have vacation coming up in about three weeks and there are things I need to do so as to not get behind. So, --- I need to pump up the pressure a bit.

The Mockingbird is singing its heart out this morning. He must be trying to attract a mate. Except for the occasional trip through the feeders for a bite, it hasn't stopped singing for at least a half an hour. Of course it could be that there is more than one and they are competing. There is so much wonderful birdsong out there this morning it is hard to tell. I have several Cardinals out here this morning chasing one another around. They flit here and there quickly, flying at one another like a game of tag. I don't know if it is courtship or a territory dispute. I just sit back and enjoy it all.

Julie, Jim, and the pupperonis are coming this afternoon. I think this morning we need to go get some tomato plants and get them in the ground. We were hoping to get some plants from a friend but he called last evening and said he was having bad luck with them. So, I need to find another source. It isn't a matter not not finding any, --- we just had a certain variety in mind that we like and we had hoped to buy a few plants from him. I reckon we'll re-think the situation. Flexibility is the key to aerospace power!  The yard needs to be mowed but I'll wait until tomorrow. That way the pups won't track in fresh cut grass.

My coffee cup is empty and since I have to get up to get more I might as well sign off for this morning. I hope you have a day full of blessings, and I hope you will take time to give thanks to God for them.

May God's peace rule your heart today.


No comments:

Post a Comment