Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Its going to be a muggy day today if the weather app here on myNook is correct. The Cardinals don't seem to mind though. They are eagerly having breakfast at the backyard buffet again this morning. I think they are trying to get their fill before the squirrels come in and take over the place.

I see the birdbaths are getting low so I need to get those filled. I noticed it yesterday but didn't do anything about it. I thought God would take care of it since we were supposed to have some rain and possible thunderstorms.  But that didn't happen, at least not here. While I'm out there I might as well take the bark butter with me and fill those feeders back up.

Okay, I'm back. I did go out and put fresh water in the birdbaths and fill those two barkbutter paste feeders. There are already Woodpeckers at the feeders and the Robin has immediately come for a bath. I love it. While I was out there I watered all of Ms. Kate's flower containers and the garden. That should insure us some rain. We don't have a very big garden, just a half dozen tomato plants and some cucumbers and squash. The asparagus bed is still putting on nicely. In fact, Ms. Kate fixed us some asparagus and scrambled eggs yesterday morning for breakfast. It was delicious.

The yard has yet another transition beginning. The hydrangias are budding out nicely. The plant we miss though is the butterfly bush. The terrible winter killed it this year. I've heard others say the same about their's. We miss it because it has always kept the butterflys here as well as the Hummingbirds. I'm seeing neither. I did have a couple of Hummingbirds for a day or two but obviously they were only passing through. As summer begins though, the phlox will begin to bloom and that will attract both the butterflys and the Hummingbirds, I hope.

I've said it often, but I do love siiting out here in the morning peace and quiet. The yard is full of blooms of different kinds and the trees and feeders are full of birds. All around me is a spread of God's love and bountiful blessings. How very wonderful is the work of the hand of God. I am so very blessed and this morning I give God praise for the gifts he has provided. I pray for each of you today too. I hope you take the time today to just sit and listen to the peace that comes from God. It will make your day so very much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment