Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Well I asked for sunnier day so I could look at Ms. Margaret’s Crabapple tree and I that is exactly what we have this morning. It is sunny with clear blue skies. It is also 35 degrees. Brrrr. I was just getting used to the 50’s. But, it is early and the temps will rise today into the 60’s so I’ll keep my silly griping to myself and give God thanks for a beautiful day.

I have a plethora of guests this morning at the Backyard Buffet; Cardinals, Chick-a-dees, starlings, wrens, Gold finches, Sparrows, Nuthatches,, Doves, Mockingbird, a squirrel or two and of all things, a Crow. The Crow isn’t actually at the Buffet and I hope it doesn’t decide to come but I don’t think I have ever even had a Crow in the yard or trees here. It is doing a lot of cawing etc. but hasn’t actually landed at the feeders. I thought all they ate was dead animals.

I’m glad to report that Ms. Kate is feeling better today. She has been haven’t a lot of trouble with her diverticulitis since last Saturday. But it all seems to be getting better, She had her first full night’s sleep last night since this started. It was wearing her out. I’ve had that problem for any years but one is under control. But I can certainly sympathize with her because I know the pain that goes with it.

As I look around the neighborhood from my sunporch I see that the leaves are pushing out the blooms on the Bradford Pear trees around the neighborhood. I was also looking at my azealias yesterday and the buds are popping out on them. In another couple of weeks they will be in full bloom I think. I was worried about some of them because we had to have three of the large ones moved last fall. But it appears they are going to do fine. We spent a lot of money to have those moved because the city utility company said that we had to move everything out of the easement. They had said they will move the fence but would not move the plants. So, we did our part and now, I don’t know that they are ever going to do what they had indicated. I don’t care that they don’t move my fence, because I like it where it is. But, I would not have had to spend the money. From what I have been told, they asked for bids for the work they wanted done and only one company bid on the job and their bid was about five times as much as the city was willing to pay or had the money for. So, who knows what is going to happen. I’m not going to worry about it.

We went up to the church and recorded this weeks service last night. We must be getting better at it because we did it in one take. We had almost 300 views of last weeks service. That is wonderful.

Tie to go check on the dryer. We are doing laundry this morning amongst other things. So, I’m going to get busy. You pour another cup of coffee and watch my birds for me. Don’t let the squirrel have it all. Bless you my friends. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment