Saturday, April 18, 2020

I know the calendar tells me it is Saturday but it certainly doesn’t feel like a Saturday. Where’s the relief from a week of hard work? Where’s the exciting weekend plans? None of that seems to be happening these days. LOL, I don’t even get to be excited about going and doing my church service tomorrow because I’ve already done it. So now I just wait and see how it all turned out. It’s a strange world in some strange times.

But today, I must start my morning off with prayers of gratitude to God for an absolutely beautiful morning. Yes, it is cool out there, but the sun is shining brightly and the sky is blue without a cloud in sight. I really wish it had been like this yesterday when I was doing the funeral. It was cold as the dickens out there at the cemetery. The wind is always blowing out there and it was raining/misting and cold. I felt so sorry for the family because of the corona virus, they were limited to ten people hat could actually attend the funeral. They worked it out well that people could rotate in and out during the viewing period before the funeral. But it was still sad. But, so many of their family and friends came along and stayed and just sat in their cars during the funeral and then were in the procession to the cemetery where they again sat in the car while I conducted the graveside portion of the funeral. I suspect that the family will go out to the cemetery today while the sun is shining and express some grief. It will be good for them to do that.

I have a couple of choices today for what my list of things to do should be, I need to fill the bird feeders. I need to open up a section of my backyard fence and bring the JD in and mow the back yard. I have 52 bags of mulch to carry and spread. And, I have a sermon to write for next week, and we are doing laundry today so I need to help Ms. Kate with that. Did I mention not having exciting weekend plans? Sounds like they are there waiting on me! LOL.

But, —- for the moment, I think I will just sit here, finish my cup of coffee and ya be even pour another cup while I watch my guests at theBackyard Buffet. Jesus says we will always have things to do but He is with us only a little while. (Okay, I paraphrased the heck out of that), but it does apply. The point is that sometimes we just need to sit and enjoy the grace and blessings that God has provided. Donn’t forget to tune in to to the church of your choice tomorrow. May God be with you all through the weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment