Monday, April 27, 2020

A new day and a new week, the last one of April 2020. How crazy is that? Time sure flies when you are looking through the window. But at least today is a sunny day and promises to be that way through most of tomorrow, or so the forecasters say.

How was your weekend? Ours was like every other weekend for the past six weeks. We stayed home. Yesterday of course we did “Jammie Church”. The broadcast went fairly well. It tended to cut out and in through the Facebook broadcast which is very disturbing and makes it hard to follow. So, most role just switch over to YouTube and watch it. For what ever reason, it plays perfectly well there. So I guess it is a Facebook problem. Jacob is researching it. Next week we will be doing our service from St. Paul’s UCC. We’ve been taping them at St. Lucas but I don’t want my other congregation to feel slighted in any way. The two churches are only a mile apart so it is no big deal as to where we tape. The sound system at St. Paul’s isn’t all that great but I hope the IPad will pick up the sound well enough that it won’t matter.

Over the weekend, we as a family decided to cancel our reservations for the vacation home in Branson, MO. We weren’t planning to be there until mid-June but with all of the restrictions concerning business closings etc we just couldn’t take the chance that things would be fully open yet. So, I cancelled them while i could still get a full refund. last night I went on line and started looking for a place in Gatlingburg, TN. We have been there twice already and love it. I found a property that is available the first week of August and am proposing that we still try to do that this summer. It is so hard to try to plan around school schedules and work schedules and there seems to never be a time when everyone can make it. But, we knew it would be this way once the kids all started college and there are still youngin’s in grade school. I think we are all excited that maybe we can salvage a vacation out of the summer after all.

Today is laundry day and I have several chores that I need to get done so I think I will drop off and get busy. Enjoy the sunshine if you have that blessing wherever you are. If not, enjoy the rain. GGod provided that too. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment