Tuesday, April 21, 2020

It’s an early morning for me today. I don’t know, but I guess my body said I had enough sleep and it was time to get up. Oh well, it gives me a chance to see some of my early visitors at the backyard Buffet. Mrs. Robin is already busy this morning running and hopping round the yard. I suspect she may be feeding young ones somewhere. I haven’t seen a nest anywhere but it is that time of the year and season.

My weather app says it is 55 degrees out there this morning but there is a stiff breeze that is going to knockdown any comfortable feeling. I want to get back out to the front of the house and start spreading some more of my mulch around. I finished up one flowerbed yesterday. Used I think, teen bags of mulch on that one. Ms. Kate came out and helped me and I’m glad she did. The bags are 2 cu.ft. Bags and when they are dry, they are fairly light. But these we’re wet and that really makes them heavy. I had a heck of a time getting started on that project yesterday. I had carried a couple of bags down to the first flowerbed and ws spreading it around when Derek from next door came out to walk his dog. He offered to carry some of it for me and did carry a couple of bags down. Then he offered to loan me his trailer that he uses to pull along behind his John Deere. I took him up on that. The problem was, it had a flat tire. It was so flat that the seal around the rim was broken. Well, my compressor is over at Dan’s house so I pulled the trailer over there but couldn’t get the tire to take air.  So, —- we loaded the trailer up into my truck and I took it down to Raben’s Tire and they agreed it up for me. Then I came back and got started. Nothing’s ever easy.

I didn’t get my the poly put on my park bench yesterday It never really got warm enough to let it dry right. And it isn’t going to get to be warm enough any time soon. It should be at least 68 degrees and stay that way or warmer for aa few hours. We are at tthe point where we might see 68 - 70 but it only hits it for maybe an hour in the afternoon and then starts to drop back down. Our night time temperature are often still in the upper 30’s and lower forties. That just won’t cut it. But as I said before, as many years as I have been procrastinating on this project, a few more days won’t make a difference. But, it will be great to get it finished and out of my garage. That’s 10 square feet that I need for something else.

The cardinals are here for breakfast so I think I’ll sign off and just enjoy the blessing. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment