Wednesday, April 8, 2020

It’s mid-week again already. How long have we been in this stay-at-home condition? I have truly lost track of time other than looking at the calendar and even that doesn’t clue me in. I have lost count of how many on-line services we’ve done and it seems that all I really do is work and not get anything done. Hopefully this isolation stuff won’t last more than a couple more weeks although I know we are basically locked down until the end of April. That’s another three weeks.

On he bright side, I did get the park bench sanded that I have been working on. Tomorrow we are going to the church at 1230 to tape this weeks service. From there we are going to go by Karen’s house to pick up some polyurethane for me to put on it. She will just put it out by the garage door so we can continue to social distance. (What a world we have to live in.) She has some that is called Sikkens brand. I have used it for years and it is the best for out door use. Karen and her husband owned a paint store for probably 30 years and it was a favorite product that he sold. It is great for decks and out-door furniture. It will take two coats and should last for several years. I will be so glad to finally get that park bench done and out of my garage. I don’t know if I took pictures of the thing when I brought it in or not but there is no comparison to what it looks like now. The boards were literally rotted in half and the thing had fallen apart. But, it is now strong and sturdy. It will be great to sit on out in the yard under the tree.

I ordered a pallet of mulch yesterday from one of the garden centers. I had. Called both Lowes and Home Depot to maybe buy a pallet from them and have it delivered. They each had plenty but they wouldn’t take my order over the phone. They both said that I would have to come in to the store  to place my order and pay for it. I told both stores that that would defeat the purpose of trying to stay home and out of he public, so “no thanks”. Then I called Colonial Garden Center and they very happily took my order, let me pay for it with my credit card, and will deliver it next Wednesday  to my driveway. How great is that? I have 52 bags coming and that will keep me busy for a couple of days lugging that around and spreading it out. But at least I will have gotten it done and the yard will look a lot better.

Enough for today. I pray your day goes well and you stay healthy. Don’t let the isolation drive you nuts. Get out of the house into your yard and breathe in God’s world, —- pollen and all. You’ll feel bettter for it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment