Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Good morning on this beautiful Tuesday morning. It is 65 degrees and going to 80. The sun is shining brightly, and there is a bit of a breeze. I went out a bit ago to take a couple of pictures of my azealias  that are out by the west fence. There are I think four, maybe five young ones out there and they are blooming beautifully. You may recall, we had three very large ones moved from that west fence last year because the city. Water department says they are going to clear the easement of everything  and that includes my fence. They have said they will move my fence but they wouldn’t move any plants and my azaleas back there were huge and I did’t want to lose them. Now, these little guys have room to grow and they are celebrating!! Oh, and by the way, I don’t think the water department is ever ging to get around to clearing that easement.

Well, the corona virus continues to dominate the news and our lives. The restrictions and the “you can’t do” list just gets longer and often sillier. There is so much being put out and it is hard to know what to really believe. And worse yet, the scammers and the low life’s are out in force feeding on people’s fears. People are supposed to be staying home except for essential items and travel. But many are not. If you do go out, you practically have to be dressed in a space suit and then yesterday some “expert” came out and said “even the air in your home is toxic to you”. So what are we to do? We have 327.2 million people in this country. As of today, 367,900 people of the have been infected and 8700 people have died. That is an infection rate of .002 percent and a death rate of .02 of those infected.  Yet we have shut down all businesses and industry and quarantined people in their home. Granted, if it is your loved one that dies or gets infected it becomes very personal and I ask God’s calming hand be placed upon the grieving families. But the media has become the fear mongers of his disease. Politicians have suddenly become medical experts and the country has literally become a police state. I personally have just quit watching anything about COVID-19 because it is so depressing and skewed now for political reasons. Okay, that is my rant for today

I’m going to just sit here for awhile and watch the cardinals, have a prayer, and enjoy thee beauttifaul flowers out in my backyard. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment