Thursday, April 9, 2020

It is a chilly 51 degrees this morning which is a good drop from the 70 degrees that we had yesterday morning at this time. And the breeze is a bit more stiff too which will make it feel a bit more chilly. It was a beautiful day all day yesterday until last evening. We had a record high of 86 yesterday and then last evening a line of storms swept across the region. I don’t know how much, if any, damage was sustained. We were under a tornado watch for several hours but as far as Ms. Kate and I are concerned, we only heard one clap or rumble of thunder and that was it; not so much as a drop of rain. And that is fine with me.

This Maundy Thursday for the world of Christian faith. This is the day of the Last Supper that Jesus had with his disciples and the meal at which he sanctified the bread and the wine as representing his body and blood that would be spilled and broken for the salvation od the souls of mankind. This is the night that one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot betrayed him to the Jewish authorities; a betrayal that loved to his crucifixion on a wooden cross. During normal times we would have had a service this evening featuring Holy Communion. As you know, I had planed to at least be able to do a “drive-thru” count on for my folks but that got squashed over concerns that we might spread the virus somehow. I totally disagree that it would but I’m not willing to take a chance on it. It’s best to keep everyone safe.

Today we are going to the church and record our Easter Sunday service. I have everything ready for the service but yesterday I came up with the idea that maybe I could add a trumpet solo to the program. Ms. Brenda will be doing “Christ Arose” as one of her musical numbers on the keyboard and I could join with her on the trumpet. I went down to my downstairs off office and riled it and it went pretty well. We’ll just have to see how it goes when we do the taping. We plan to do this round “noon-thirty” so maybe we can go a little earlier and call ahead and order lunch from R’z restaurant via take out.

After we leave the church today, wee’ll goto my sister-in-law-in-law’s house and I’ll pick up that can of polyurethane that she has for me. I don’t think I will apply it just yet. The temperatures are ideal just yet. It should be at least 70 degrees and we aren’t looking at any 70’s for a few days yet now that the cold front has come in.

Time to get my day going. Have a blessed day. Stay safe and stay in touch with God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment