Monday, April 20, 2020

Happy Monday!. It is a beautiful morning. It’s 54 degrees already and going up to almost 70. The sky is a brilliant blue. Th azaleas are blooming, the cardinals are glistening a brilliant red in the sunlight. The robin is finding worms, the titmouse and the wrens are singing a duet, Ms. Kate and I are up, feeling good and doing our thing. Life is great.

How was your Sunday? Did you grab your cup of coffee and to go Pajama Church? Our virtual church on Facebook went well. Sometimes it doesn’t buffer right and tends to stop and start. However, Jacob puts it on You Tube at the same time and it always does well. I’m glad to say that we are still getting a good “attendance” and people are really grateful that we are able to do this and so am I. Our St. Lucas council is working on a grant request through the Center For Congregations, an Eli Lily entity, for money to really up-grade our technology at the church. We are literally going from zero as a starting point. Our Wifi is brought in via a “hot-spot” device  and we are using our personal IPads to record our service. Then Jacob takes it home and does his technological magic to put it all together and get it ready to broadcast on Sunday morning. He does a marvelous job and he is teaching his young son Brayten to do it too, I think. But, I’ll bet there is a lot of difference between doing it the way we are doing it now and doing it actually “live”. But, we are talking a computer, camera system, smart TV etc.  If we don’t get the grant, well, we’ve gotten along for 100 years with out it.

I finished up my sermon and script for this weeks broadcast last evening. We’ll get together on Wednesday afternoon and do the taping. Today though, since it is so nice out, I’m going to put first coat of poly only park bench and then I’m going to start carrying mulch and spreading that. I do not want to waste a day like this. They have been rare so far this year. So, with that said, I think I will sign off and just wish you a fully blessed week. Be grateful for and share thee blessings God presented you with today. Take time to look around you and you will see signs of God’s glory everywhere. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment