Tuesday, March 31, 2020

I wish it were a little sunnier today because Ms. Margaret’s crabapple tree is blooming on the other side of my west fence. When the sun hits it, it is just stunning. Unfortunately, it is a cloudy day and will continue to be and will include some showers now and again throughout the day. But, it is relatively warm (62) so there is that.

It is amazing how the trees have really leafed out now. My fire bushes on the south fence line are getting to the point that they will be providing great cover for the birds against the hawks and maybe. Even a nesting place or two. I filled some feeders again yesterday and this morning I have cardinals, and gold finches, and of course a squirrel or two. We wouldn’t want the fuzzy tailed rats to go hungry would we. I also have a couple of hungry robins hopping around the yard. They are interesting to watch; the way they hop along and then stop and listen and the hop again and listen and suddenly peck down at the ground for something. Some people say Robins actually hear the insects or worms going through the ground and other people say they sense the vibrations in the ground. I don’t know which it is and frankly I think any answer is purely conjecture and theory because no one has ever actually asked a Robin what it is doing. What I do know is that whatever the answer might be; —- God designed it and man has no idea how to duplicate it.

This afternoon we are going to the church to record this weeks service. We had planned on doing that tomorrow evening but Jacob needed to move it to today. That’s fine with me; it’s not like I I have anywhere else to be. We did go out yesterday and do a little curb-side service. We went to Rafferty’s and picked up lunch and dinner. Then we went to the Vineyard Bible store to pick up the pre-made communion sets I mentioned yesterday. I was lucky to get them because most of the suppliers are out.  Now I know I will have enough for my “drive-thru” communion next week on Maundy Thursday. I had a long talk with a fellow pastor via phone and told him my drive-thru plans and he is going to try to do that too. He also gave me an idea of how to do communion on Easter Sunday morning for my service via Facebook. I’m going to think about that and may include it in my service. I can conduct the ritual at the church and people can participate in their own homes. It was a great idea I think.

The COVID-19 virus continues to spread and or at least be diagnosed. The number of cases will continue to spike because more people are getting tested now and more tests are coming back rapidly.  What they fail to remind people of though is that most people survive this virus. The media would rather tell the bad news. And worse yet, people are making political arguments out of this pandemic. It is disgusting. And of course, there are the idiots that think they are invincible and that iti won’t change the way they do things. I read last evening that a choir director of a church defied the stay home instructions and had choir practice and now 19 members of the church have the virus and two have died. I also read where the authorities arrested a pastor for having full church service with 250 people there and now many of those parishioners are down with the virus. They arrested the pastor for endangering lives of the congregation and the entire community. Leadership in both of these cases was totally lacking and stupid in my opinion.

That’s it for today. You stay safe and take care of yourself. Call and check on folks that you know. Stay in touch with God. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment