Monday, April 13, 2020

Monday, the day after Easter Sunday. Did Easter feel really weird to you yesterday? Did it even feel like Easter? I have to admit, there was nothing Easter about it to me and that is probably a terrible thing for me to say, especially as a pastor. With social distancing of course Julie and Jim couldn’t come over so it was just me and Ms. Kate. Yes, I watched church TV. But, I had recorded that on Thursday and we did communion amongst the four of us when we recorded the service. I really missed having the up close and personal contact that goes with our services, especially on Holy days like Easter. Ms. Kate did fix a special meal for us although it wasn’t the traditional Easter Ham. But it was one of my favorite pasta dishes; spaghetti noodles with fresh asparagus, black olives, diced tomatoes, and shrimp. As always, it was scrumptious. But, other than that —- it was just a day like so any others.

We woke to news this morning that at least 19 people were killed by tornadoes in the south last night and 1.3 million people are out of power this morning. My heart and prayers go out to them, and it makes me ashamed of myself that I griped about having a “blah” Easter Sunday. Death and destruction like that is certainly not what anyone in the country needs right now. And — I have friends in the north central part of the country that got several inches of snow yesterday. What is going on??? We are under a heavy wind advisory here today and the temperature is weird. The thermometer says it is 40 degrees but the “real feel” temperature is 29 degrees. I told you it was weird. Just early in the week last week we were a 86 degrees. It is a good thing that I know God is in charge or I would worry.

Our Sunday service did go well and it was very well virtually attended. We had 247 views of the service. That is remarkable. I can’t even imagine that. There has to be a lot of people that viewed it more than once, Although I can’t imagine that either. But, if we reached that many people —- God be praised. Wouldn’t it be great if they all came when we can get back together!!!

I’m not sure what if anything is one our to-do list today. I finished my sermon and script for this week’s service last night. I just need to print it off and re-read it a few times. I’m not sure what day we will record this week. I don’t think it will be on Wednesday because I have a pallet of mulch being delivered that day and will have plenty of work to do with that. That should provide a bit of exercise for me. I think it will be fifty two bags. I don’t know if that is going to be enough or not, but I guess we will see.

Easter the holiday is over but let’s not ever forget that every day is a resurrection day. I urge you to give God praise every day for the resurrection of Jesus from the grave. The promise of eternal life for my soul and forgiveness of my sins is just such an amazing thing to stop and think about. We can never understand that kind of love; we can only participate in it and share it with other. Have. Blessed week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment