Friday, April 10, 2020

Just a couple of days ago it was 70 degrees when I sat down in the morning to write my blog. his morning it is half of that at 35.  What’s up with that? There was even a prediction for some scattered frost for this morning and again tomorrow morning. I had been thinking that maybe I could take the sunporch planted pots outside for the summer; —- I reckon I better just keep them in for a while longer. It would be a shame to have saved them all winter and lose them because I got in a hurry.

So, good morning on this beautiful looking Good Friday morning. The sun is shining brightly and it looks like the wind haas calmed down some. Last night it was really whipping around midnight while I was in the sunporch listening to some music. That’s what blew in the cold front. I need to go out and see if we have any twigs or branches blown down and if so, pick those up. I think today I’ll also move my fence section aside and bring the JD to the backyard and mow it. It isn’t too bad but it is shaggy and would look better if I mowed it.

Yesterday we went to the church and recorded the Easter Sunday service. We did it in basically one take. Jacob is really getting good at putting these things together and has learned to do some other things with the recordings. I’m anxious to see how it is going to turn out. Ms. Brenda and I did a piano/trumpet duet for the prelude and Ms. Kate said it was really good. Of course she might be a little prejudiced. She’s been listening to me play for almost 58 years now. It’s amazing that this old horn of mine still works as well as it does. I have had it for 62 years. A couple of years ago I took it and had it professionally “cleaned out” for the first time ever. They basically “boil it out”. I was afraid that it might change the sound of it but it did just fine. It looks a little rough but it will last me the rest of my life and who knows, one of the kids might want it or even a grandkid. Although, not a one of them is musically inclined so perhaps it will just be another auction item when they decide to sell off all of our stuff.

It was so peasant to be out driving around yesterday. The redbud trees are all in bloom and so are the dogwood trees. The highways and woods and yards look stunning. A good portion of the trees are fairly well leafed out. We need to drive up to the church again today.  One of the young parishioners girls baked some cookies for Ms. Kate and me and I need to go pick them up. It was very sweet of her. How did she know that I am a “cookie monster”?

We also went by Karen’s house yesterday and I picked up the can of polyurethane that she had for me. But, heck, itt is too cool to be applying it. Oh well, it has been this many years since I was gong to start and do this project, I guess I can  wait a few more days.

Time to drop off for today. This is a Holy day for Christians. Take some time today in prayer for our world and our country and all of those who have been affected by illness or death of a loved one by this virus. Pray for peace among family members as they experience more time together than they are used to and begin to get on one another’s nerves. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment