Friday, April 3, 2020

It’s hard to believe that we are at the end of another week. This stay at home stuff has me confused as to what day it is and what I’m supposed to be doing. If this thing goes longer than the end of April, (three more weeks) I think folks will really be going stir crazy by then. But, it is for the best. And yet, we hear of more and more restrictions on our movement and more an more places that are closing because someone in the workplace came down with the virus. There are now over a million people worldwide that have this virus. And actually, compared to the actual population of the world, that isn’t a very high number but it is still very scary.

I actually went to the grocery store yesterday because we had run out of some things we needed, the basics like milk, butter and eggs and stuff like that. It was a bit eerie because the store had few customers and the ones that were there walked way around one another and hardly even looked one another in the face. It looked like something out of an apocalypse movie. I took my precautions. I wore a pair of good rubber gloves so I didn’t touch anything that might have the virus on it. I practiced my own self distancing by doing things like waiting to proceed down an aisle that had someone else in it. And I had my hand sanitizer if I needed it. We have become an occupied nation but the enemy is an invisible virus and one never knows where it may be lurking.

But, on th brighter side, — and there is a brighter side, it is a beautiful day. The sun is shining and the temperature, while a bit cool at the moment is going up to almost 70 degrees today. I think I am going to move the park bench I built outside and sand it it down good, Then I need to see if I still have any polyurethane left around here and and put a first coat of that on. Otherwise, I may need to wait until the restrictions are lifted and buy it then. I’m not going to the hardware store for it. I do need to call Lowes’ though and see if they will deliver a pallet of mulch to me. I’m not sure how many bags are on a pallet but I have a lot of area to mulch.

While I’m outside, I might as well fill the bird feeders again. They are pretty empty once again. I may need to go to the pet food store for some sunflower seed again one of these days but I have enough to last for a couple of weeks I think. Again, I don’t want to be going place that are not critical. I guess oof i run out of bird food, —- thy will have to self-distance from me for a while. We all make our sacrifices, they might as well suffer too. LOL

So, have a good weekend. I know you’ll be at home but read a book or something. My friend and pastor. Art has tasked the congregation with reading a chapter of Matthew every day. By the end of April, you will have read the whole book. I think it is a pretty good idea. I’ve been giving my congregations “homework assignments” too each week in preparation for the Sunday services.

Bless you my friends. Stay healthy. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment