Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wednesday afternoon. Good afternoon to you all. It has been a couple of busy days around here. Yesterday, as you noticed I never got around to writing. We decided that we needed to try to make a grocery store run again. It has been two and a half weeks since I made the last one. So we went together although Ms. Kate stayed in the car while I did the shopping aty Schnucks and then I stayed in the car while she went in at Dewigs. I wore my mask and my gloves when I went in. But there were people of all manner of dress in there. Many had masks on, some of them improperly but they had them. Many others wore no masks or gloves at all. I was the only customer I saw wearing gloves but maybe they had Purell to put on their hands when they finished their shopping. It is clear that there is a large disparity in how serious peole are taking all of this self isolation and stuff.

Yesterday afternoon the local garden center dropped off my 52 bags of black mulch for me to spread. I went out and did a bunch of weed-eating to get things ready to spread the mulch. However, it was cold as the dickens and I decided to wait. Last night the temperature dropped below reezing and will again tonight. So, those bags can just sit out there until the temperture rises late in the weekend or next week. It's not like I am going to be going anywhere and wil have plenty of time.

As if things weren't bad enough for some folks, I had a parishioner pass away yesterday morning. The young man has been in the hospital for the past two months and has had so many surgeries. His body just finally said "Enough". His funeral will be Friday afternoon and that is going to be a sad affair. Because of the Corona Virus social distancing, there can only be no more than ten people attending his funeral and he comes from a large tight clan of people that are always together. So, I don't know if they will all line up and take their turns goping in or wha they will do. But, I'll do a full funeral at the funeral home and then a grave-side service at the church. My biggest worry is staying the required 10 ft from everybody and keeping myself safe. I'll wear my mask when I'm in and out of the funeral home, take it off while I conduct the service. I for sure don't want to carry anything back home to Ms. Kate. 

Tomorrow afternoon we'll be going to do the taping of my worship service for this Sunday. It should take about an hour total. Maybe after we get home, I can spread a few bags of my mulch if it is warm enough.

That's it for today. I hope you are well and are practicing all of the social guidlines needed to keep you healthy. I have learned to hate the phrase; "We're all in this together", but as a world, we are all in this together.  Have a good evening. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment