Saturday, April 25, 2020

Happy rainy Saturday morning. So far it has just been waves of showers that come in for maybe 10 0r 15 minutes and then stop for maybe the same about of time. It is predicted to do this all day. After all it is the month of “April showers” isn’t it? The temperature is 55 degrees so that isn’t too bad. But it is going to be an “inside” day for sure.

I finally got the first coat of poly on my park bench yesterday. It isn’t going to be warm enough to put a second coat on today and besides I don’t want to do it with high humidity. Maybe tomorrow afternoon I can get the second coat on. I know I’m self-bragging but, it really looks good. I’ll be really glad to get it out of my garage and and under the tree where it belongs.

We did another grocery run yesterday. We went to Schnucks and Ms. Kate stayed in the car while I did the shopping. She had a long list of things that we needed and it took me awhile. But, people were  spread out and there wasn’t too big of a line anywhere. Folks just practiced patience and it went well. What was amazing to both of us was the number  of men that were doing the grocery shopping. I’d say that 60% of the shoppers I saw were men and all of us doing like me; —-standing and looking and wondering where the heck this or that product would be kept. But, I got everything on my list except the kind of chips Ms. Kate wanted. She likes her Lays Lightly salted chips and I haven’t been able to find them. They have every other kind of Lays chips but not those. And, when I do the shopping, I always stop by the bakery and pick up some turnovers and maybe even a donut or two.

Our videographer, Jacob, posted the link to the service for tomorrow this morning and I reviewed it. He does such a great job and he gets better every week with his capabilities. We are going to be doing these things probably all the way through May and maybe even into June. We’ll just have to see what the federal guidelines and health officials tell us. I know some states are opening up things but I just don’t trust it yet.

That’s enough for today. I really need to get downstairs to my office and get serious about next weeks sermon. I hope your day is pleasant and full of blessings. Tune in to your favorite orship service tomorrow, Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment