Monday, April 6, 2020

We made it to Monday again didn’t we? We made it through Palm Sunday with no in-person church service and that seemed strange. But, we did post our service on-line and we had about 100 people watching, so that was wonderful. I’m very thankful for the technology that allows us to do that. Although I admit that I never thought we would be doing it. I always thought that it would be very expensive to do, that it would be very complicated, that we would need a whole video technician crew dedicated to handling it. Come to find out that all we needed was an IPad and one person smart enough to film it and edit it and post it. Our “guy” is Jacob Reinhart, the president of our St. Lucas council. So here is a shout out to you Jacob. Thank you very much.

I was very disappointed yesterday concerning my “drive-thru” communion service that I had planned for this Thursday evening on Maundy Thursday. I was given “guidance” on all of the COVID-19 safety precautions that I would have to take to be sure that no one caught the virus. Frankly I think 99% of it was”poppy-cock” but I won’t take chances with people’s health. As I told Ms. Kate, doing the event would have added a lot to the mental health and welfare of the congregations. However, not doing it takes away nothing, —- except some of my pride that I didn’t need anyway. We will just do “virtual communion” for the Easter Sunday service. I’ve told folks to come to the computers next Sunday prepared with bread or crackers and juice or wine. We’ll ask God to bless it wherever it might be and we’ll still celebrate the sacrament together.

Today I plan to make a round of phone calls to parishioners just to check on them. I hear from many of them through Facebook but the older folks aren’t always subscribers to social media and I need to check on them. Ms. Kate is in the process of making a bunch of Easter cards to send out to let folks know we are thinking of them. She does some beautiful work on her cards and they are truly appreciated. Some folks have even taken to collecting them over the years.

I have azaleas blooming in the back yard. he daffodils are all pretty much done, the tulips are about half done, the few hyacinths we have are about half done but now the azaleas are just starting. That’s going to put a pop of beautiful color in the yard for a couple of weeks. I haven’t checked the lilacs yet but they should be doing on pretty soon too as well as the Redbud trees. Ms. Margaret’s crabapple tree is still in full bloom for us to look at every day.

Time for another cup of coffee. I pray you have a safe and healthy week. Stay away from people if you can. God bless you as you go through the Holy Week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment