Thursday, April 16, 2020

A good Thursday morning to you. I hope it is warmer where ever you are. It’s 38 degrees here this morning and I must say the bright sun isn’t helping a lot just yet. At least the wind has calmed down.. That will help. I wasn’t up early enough to se if it actually frosted last night. I know there was a freeze warning in effect. I hope no one has planted their garden plants or new flowers yet because we could have freeze or frost yet for a couple of more weeks.

The cardinals are here in force this morning and are being a bit aggressive to the other birds. I don’t know what that is all about. Maybe they are feeding young ones someplace or maybe they are just being bullies this morning. But the blackbirds will be here before long and then we’ll have a new bully at the feeders. It is survival of the fittest out there this morning.

I finished up writing the funeral service that I was working on yesterday. I think the family will be pleased with it. I’m not bragging, but, I do pretty good funerals. People usually say they feel very comforted by them and that is my goal; to relieve some of the stress and grief that they are going through. At least two people are planning to speak. I have done funerals for this family before and they almost always want to have people get up and speak about their loved one or tell how much they loved their loved one and that is okay. But sometimes people get started and they don’t know how or when to cut it off. They are afraid that they “haven’t said enough” so they just keep telling about this and about that and relating stories that would only make sense or be important to themselves and the deceased. But, my philosophy is that every child of God deserves a proper burial so I always offer the opportunity. Some people need that closure.

This afternoon we go to the church and record this weeks service. That becomes so confusing because I’m doing my Sunday work on a Thursday or maybe a Wednesday, which means that come Sunday I’m not working when I should be. I hope this stuff is over soon although yesterday I actually heard some of the “experts” say that we could be in a situation of social distancing and no large gatherings until sometime in 2021. This society will revolt if people try to do that. What is really pitiful is the power trip that people of “importance” seem to be on. Governors and mayors and doctors telling free citizens when and where they can go and how they have to dress when they go out. We see “leaders” (and I use the term very loosely) allowing people to go get abortions, alcohol, and lottery tickets tickets because they are essential to the welfare of people, —- but telling churches they have to close their doors and having the police issue $500.00 tickets and fines if they drive to a local church and sit in their car and listen to the pastor give the worship service on the FM radio station. There is a saying that says “the devil is in the detail”, and I certainly believe it. Okay, I’ll get off of my soap box before I get too far along.

Time to go heat up a bagel and slather on some creamed cheese. You go have yourself a wonderful day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment