Thursday, January 30, 2020

Hello Thursday, it’s nice to see ya again. However, I do wish that it wasn’t yet another overcast day. I’m looking forward to some sunshine for a change. Cloudy days just seem to put me and other folks in a funk. It kind of just takes the energy out of a person and makes you feel like doing nothing but sit and stare at a wall. I’ve read studies that say that cloudy weather in long stretches will hamper production mentally and physically and I think it is true. So, let’s all hope some sunshine breaks through the clouds before the day is over.

I went up to the churches yesterday and did some cleaning out of stuff that really needed to go. There was stuff in the desk drawers that I put in them years ago. Needless to say, the stuff wasn’t relevant any longer. But, people do that, I know I have. When I started up at those churches years ago there was stuff that I had no idea about what to do with so I just left it alone and it sat there in the file drawers and in the desks and on the shelves. I left up there three years ago and my replacement obviously did the same thing that I did. So, yesterday, I brought home three garbage bags of irrelevant stuff and put in my trash can. I need to get things ready for when they deliver the new furniture next week for my office at St. Lucas.

I went yesterday to St. Paul’s and ran the large print bulletins. They still have the same copier that they had when I left and it works well. I only wasted three pieces of paper re-familiarizing myself on how to do it. In fact, the copier still had the piece of paper with instructions on it that Ms. Kate had put there several years ago. It was literally like I had never left.

I need to take Ms. Kate to get her glasses fitted today. We were going to do that a few days ago but she wasn’t feeling well and we put it off. I don’t know if they have gotten bent or what but they seem to be too tight on her and it gives her headaches. So, we’ll go see if they can bend them out a little and re-fit them to her face and temples. Other than that, I don’t think we have any big plans today. Tomorrow we meet our friends at St. Joe Inn for lunch. We always look forward to that.

There is a squirrel sitting there on a branch about three feet from the glass and it is giving me the “evil eye” because the feeder it want to eat from is empty. And we know that I only live to make sure squirrels have their feeders filled. He will have to wait. The cardinals and the mockingbird and the finches and woodpeckers seem to be having no problem finding something to eat, so suck it up Buttercup. I don’t care how hard you swish your tail at me. LOL

Tie to go. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment