Friday, January 17, 2020

And now it is Friday afternoon. I just came in the house from filling bird feeders. I filled fifteen of the nineteen that I have. While I was filling them, the wrens were up in he trees making the announcement that the Backyard Buffet was being restocked. As I closed the door to the sunporch the  birds started landing at the feeders. There are at least a dozen cardinals out there darting from feeder to feeder as well as wrens, doves, woodpeckers, junkos, and chickadees. I saw the squirrels over in Margaret’s trees watching as I went from feeder to feeder. They will be here very shortly as well as the starlings. We are predicted to have a little wintry mix for weather this after noon later so everybody is grabbing while they can. It’s not supposed to amount to much.

Yesterday, Ms. Kate and I took a short “day-date” trip up to Montgomery IN. It is about 60 miles north of our house. It is an Amish community and they have a really good Amish restaurant and bakery there as well and a hotel and gift shop. I was hungry for one of their delicious lemon angel-food cakes and it was worth the drive to me to go get one. Unfortunately the last one they went out the door in the hands of the ladies that I held the door open for. LOL So, the clerk gave me their business card and advised me to call next time a day ahead of time and they will make me one and hold it for me. How cool is that???  Of course while we were there we had to go eat from their buffet. It was delicious as it always is.

I have been trying to get business cards for the new job and it hs been a real effort to find some that are affordable. I had started by going to Office Depot. I had one left over from the last time I was the pastor of those churches so I thought that maybe Office Depot could simply copy those. Well, their estimate came back for Over $100.00 for 500 cards. Next I went to a printing place where I was sure I had gotten the originals made but they couldn’t find me in their system. But they said they would check it out and give me a quote. Well their quote came back at $450.00 for 500 cards. So, yesterday evening Ms. Kate suggested that I try Staples. I went out to Staples and the young guy said, “sure, we can do those”. It cost me $21.34 for 500 cards. Staples did digital imaging and printed them out. I don’t know what the other people were trying to do or look at doing.  BUt, I am a very happy camper because today I went and picked them up already.

I wish you were here to watch my aviary menagerie out back. There are birds flying in and out constantly. So, I think I’ll just sit here and watch them until my nap begins. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment