Monday, January 20, 2020

Monday morning, January 20th. It is 18 degrees and it is snowing. It is a light snow, and it is a dry snow so it just blows around. That means it won't amount to much. I'm glad that it is staying light because when I leave the office I need to go to do a visitation at the hospital. Evansville drivers are bad enough in good weather, and throw a snowflake or two around and they act like total idiots sometimes.

This is my last week at Zoar church as the co-pastor. I'll preach the sermon this coming Sunday and then we have a congregational meeting that I'll attend and that will be that. I have already claned out everything but my pastoral robe and the stole for this week's baptism so moving out will amount to leaving the keys on the desk and closing the door. It has been a wonderful experience being the co-pastor here and I have truly enjoyed working with Rev. Dr. Art Christmas as his co-pastor. I have learned so much from him and he has been a great mentor.

I went to meet with the second of the two church councils that I will be dealing with beginning next week. It was a good meeting and I think we are all on the same page. Ms. Kate and I are going to order new furniture for the office and pay for it. It will just be a donation to the church. I found some nice looking stuff on line at Office Depot. I told the council president that I will order it and pay for it but --- they will have to put it all together. That's some heavy stuff.

Julie came over for the weekend and we had a realy good visit and she got some rest because Jim had her leave the dogs at home with him. She had to head back home yesterday rather than today tough because she had bloodwork to be done first thing this morning. Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day so it is a federal holiday which means school was closed for her.

Time to go, sorry this is short. Have a blessed week. Try to stay warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment