Monday, January 27, 2020

Good morning from my kitchen table as I have my bagel and cream cheese. I do like my bagel and cream cheese. It is a relatively recent acquired taste, as in the last decade. I don’t know when I started eating them. My favorite is the “everything” bagel. When we actually have them in the house, I’ll eat them as a snack anytime of the day. So, they go rather quickly.

I’m having trouble typing this morning. Saturday evening I had a “pointer finger” fingernail break partly off and instead of getting up out of my chair and getting a fingernail file or clipper I tore it the rest of the way across. Bad idea! I took some flesh off with it and now it is sore as the dickens to the touch. I’ve done that a lot of times over the span of my life. One would think that I would learn. But, I guess not. I’ll give it a couple of more days and by then it should have grown back out some. Until then, I’ll just keep banging it on stuff and double typing letters when I write and fuss at myself for being dumb.

I’m officially a PIT as of today thru Friday. That’s “Pastor In Transition” in case you were wondering. I’ve done my last sermon at Zoar but I’m “still on the books” until the end of the month. So, while I’m still on the books, I’m available for clergy duties in case an emergency come up with one of our people at Zoar. However, I’m not yet “on the books” at the Ft. Branch churches, I’ll be going back and forth up there to set up my two offices and will learn how to run the copier ( yes, they put the new toner in yesterday) and I’ll get the bulletins run for Sunday. Hence, —- I’m PIT; getting paid but not working at one place and not getting paid but working at the other. Aren’t you glad you don’t have to keep up with me?

It’s a 32 degree cloudy day and doesn’t promise to get too much better. I think the high today is supposed to be about 38. But nothing is falling from the sky so it’s all good. Ms. Kate and I are going out after while. I need to take her to the optometrist and have her glasses adjusted. Then I guess we will head up to the churches and try to do some stuff. I really don’t know what we will do except this will be the first time we’ll have the place to ourselves and can take our time making decisions. Ms. Kate bought me a new office chair and I’ll put that together and we will find out how the copier works. It’s all a matter of falling into a new routine and settling down.

The backyard is a bit muddy still so I think I’ll wait another day to go out and fill feeders. There is plenty of food out there but the squirrels have depleted most of the sunflower seed. Too bad for them. They should have spaced it out a bit instead of sitting there stuffing themselves all at once like hogs.

My bagel is gone and my cup is empty for the second time. I reckon that is my signal to get off of here and get busy. Ms. Kate and I are doing laundry before we head out for the day. You have yourself a blessed week. Take care of yourself and take care of other people too. Peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment