Monday, January 13, 2020

Monday, January 13th, 2020. Look at that, the first month of the year is almost half over already. I don't think I have done a half a month's worth of work yet but I probably have. Time just slips by doesn't it? I have only two Sunday's left here in my current assignment and they will be busy. Two sermons, one baptism, one council meeting, a couple of in-home communions to go here and of course I'm also getting things in position to transfer to the new parish. Yesterday I had a good meeting with the church council of St. Paul's just get the lay of the land and to kind of remind ourselves of where we stand on things. Nothing has changed to speak of at that church. This coming Sunday I will meet with the St. Lucas council for the same purpose. I suspect nothing has changed much there either. I do want to get a look at the pastor's study and see how it is arranged so I'll know where I'm going to put my computer and printer etc. Ms. Kate and I are also looking at buying a new desk and donating that to the church. The desk that I think is there is probably at least twenty years old and was rickety when I left there three years ago. But, I have to measure the door first to see what the width is. I'm told the door has to be a minimum of 29 inches to turn the desk on its side and get it through a doorway.

I'm currently at the office and we've had the usual Monday morning folks come through. When I leave here I'm going to stop by a nursing home and see a parishioner. I have some magazines that I ant to take to him that I know he will enjoy. Bless his heart, he is paralyzed on over one half of his body and can't do very much. He can't speak nor can he chew so I can never take him comunion. But, I can go and talk to him and I can leave him a couple magazines. He can read and he can turn pages with one hand.

Next I need to take Ms. Kate to the doctor to have her bloodwork done. Her gout seems to be subsiding some at least. She was able to get out to church yesterday and she went to Ft. Branch to the meeting with me. She is able to put a shoe on and get around fairly well. She's doing laundry this morning so her life is getting back to normal, albeit very slowly.

This evening I have the church councl meeting to attend. It will be my last one here at Zoar. The council has been great to work with these past two years. I have been blessed throughout my years as a pastor that I have never had an argumentative church council to have to deal with. I know so many pastor's that seem to be at odds with their council and it makes for a terrible working and worshipping environment. I suspect that it will continue to be the sme when I move up to "The Branch" again.

Well, I have some sermon work to do so I guess I will drop off for the day. Have a most blessed week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment