Tuesday, January 28, 2020

It is another dreary morning; it’s thirty degrees and cloudy without a hint of sunshine. My guests this morning mostly consist of a couple of starlings and a mockingbird, and one lone cardinal. I had a wren here for awhile but it has gone on to work I guess. If you watch the leaves on the ground closely, you will see some of them moving; that would be the junkos rummaging around. I love to watch the junkos but generally when you see them, snow isn’t too far behind and it looks like a day when we could let some flurries at least.

We had a fairly productive day yesterday. Ms, Kate and I got the laundry done first thing in the morning. Then we went to Office Depot and I put in my order for furniture for my St. Lucas office. The desk and two bookcases will arrive next Monday, the 3rd,  and the cabinet/wardrobe will arrive on the 7th. Then the guys at St. Lucas can figure out when they are going to assemble it all. That will take a few hours to do. We went to the office yesterday and figured out how to run the copier and I ran the bulletins for both churches yesterday. I still need to go to St. Paul’s and familiarize myself with that machine again. It is the same one they had three years so I should catch on fairly quickly again. I’ll run the large print bulletins for both churches up there. I plan to go back to the churches tomorrow. I have a bunch of things to take up there but will do that over time. It did feel wonderful to be able to”hang my shingle” outside y office door at St. Lucas though. Heather bought me a beautiful one several years ago that I hang outside the office door at that church. It felt very natural hanging it back up there. I had taken it to Zoar and put it on a shelf but since I was an interim and co-pastor, I didn’t invest in taking a bunch of stuff to that office. Now, I’m in the last pastoral job I will be in.

Did I tell you that my daffodils are coming up? The ones in the northeast flower bed are up about four inches. They always come up first. I haven’t checked the ones we have back here in the back yard. But spring is about six weeks away now so we should start to see the early plants coming up a little. My backyard needs a really good raking this year. That will wait until we get a few seventy degree days though. Right now, all of those leaves out there are doing a good job of mulching and protecting the daffodils and tulips that have yet to sprout up.

I have work to do so I better get at it. Enjoy your day. If it is cloudy and gloomy wherever you are —- stop and give thanks to God for all of the blessings you woke up to this morning. That little conversation will help to brighten up your day. Peace my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment