Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Good morning on this bright cold Tuesday morning. It is sunny and thirty-five degrees with a bit of a breeze. And on the street on the other side of Ms. Margarets yard there are two guys putting a new roof on a house. There is nothing quite like the sound of being woken to the tappity tap, tap of roofing hammers first thing in the morning. I’ll bet they are cold. But, it is better to be roofing in this kind of weather rather than mid-summer when it gets hot as the dickens up there. I’ve done that in my much younger years. A buddy of mine asked me to help him do a couple of roofing jobs back in the early 1970’s. I I called that the summer of the sore thumb. In those days there were no battery operated or air driven nailers that you just walked along and nailed the shingles down. But, I see these guys are using hammers at the moment because they are tacking down the underlayment. I can’t tell but it looks like a plastic type of barrier. In the “old days” that would have been a layer of “tar-paper”. I don’t know what they use now but I’m sure it has to be more eco-friendly than tar paper.

I’m happy to report that Ms. Kate is doing much better with her gout attack, although the medication tends to make her stomach queasy and it gives her a slight headache. Yesterday she was actually able to get a shoe on that foot for the first time in a couple of weeks. She is no longer using even a cane so life is improving. LOL, we do look like a pair when we go anyplace as we hold on to each other and limp along together. We look like old people or something. It’s her left foot and my left foot so we are kind of choreographed as we hobble along. It is hard to believe, in a way, that it has now been eleven months since I fell down those stairs. It is even harder to believe how blessed I am to be getting along as well as I do. Wearing my brace gets old but, I thank God that wearing a brace is the worst I have to contend with. As I have said a thousand times, that fall could easily have killed me or paralyzed me for life. Instead all I have lost is an Achilles’ tendon, but I have gained a whole new realm of respect for our wounded military veterans who have lost legs and arms and and have come back to be successful citizens. My injury is a bandage scratch compared to them. So, all praise to God for looking after me and helping me through my surgeries and rehabilitations.

I’m taking a computer to Staples this morning for diagnosis and (hopefully) repair. It was Ms, Kate’s computer and it started causing her massive amounts of problems several months ago, so we bought her a new one. I don’t know what the problem is with it or even recall what problems she was having with it. What I do know is that it has a one and a half terabyte hard drive in it which is huge, but it also has a Windows 7 operating system in it which is no longer Microsoft supportable. So, I’m taking it to the experts to have it diagnosed and see if maybe they can put in Windows 10. Everything i read says it can be done — it just depends on the cost. That’s why I have to have the thing diagnosed first.

Time to get busy. We’ve a few things to try to accomplish today. I hope your day is full of joy. God loves you, Christ walks with you and the Holy Spirit is your guide. What could possibly go wrong? Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment