Wednesday, January 1, 2020

January 1st, 2020; Happy New year, Happy new decade. Did you stay up and watch the decades change? Was it a big deal for you? We stayed up, but then we stay up past midnight most nights so this was no different. Ms. Kate was watching some series that she had recorded on the DVR and I was watching The Twilight Zone reruns for the “how manyeth time”. This was our 57th New Years together starting back with 1963. We weren't always in the same place, but we were definitely together. So, let me be the last one to wish you a Happy New Year. I’m sure by now all of your friends have wished you well through social media of some kind.

Actually, my NYE was productive. My brain got to flowing and my fingers got to working and I wrote a sermon last evening. I had started it a few days ago and it was going absolutely nowhere. But it all clicked last evening as I sat in front of my computer so I got it done. February 9th is now in the file folder.

Ms. Kate is still not doing any better or maybe a minuscule bit better with her gout. The problem is that our doctor is out of the office on vacation. He is a wonderful doctor and works his rear off and certainly deserves his vacations. It is unfortunate that she had to come down with this over the year end  holidays. We got the results from the bloodwork that she had done and it showed that her uric acid levels were way out of whack. But, that is all we know. No one in the doctor’s office has followed up and prescribed any treatment for her. So, she is still hobbling around and taking her Tylenol every eight hours on the dot. I wish I could do something to make her feel better.

So it is 2020. Where are the flying cars and George Jetson houses and all the other things that the sci-fi folks predicted for us? Remember the old television show “Space 1999”? We’re supposed to be colonized on a runaway moon by now. Well, thank goodness that one isn’t true. Without a moon to hold our gravitational pull in check, earth just wouldn’t exist anymore.

So do you have any big plans for this brand new year or even this brand new decade? Of course you know that in a month, I’ll be changing jobs and taking on two churches full time as opposed to one church part-time. That will certainly make a difference in what we do around here. In June we plan to have our family reunion in Branson Missouri. It will be so wonderful to have all of my kids and grandkids under one roof for a week. The in September I think we’ll be heading to Michigan for a long weekend reunion with my old military guys. That should take care of most of my plans for 2020.

Time to get on the recumbent bike and crank out. Few lies. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment