Sunday, February 2, 2020

Yep, it has been a few days but we have been busy doing some moving of stuff to the churches and cleaning out some of the old stuff etc. So today was the “big day”, my first day back in the pulpits at the Ft. Branch churches. It was as if I had never left with the exception of all of the hugs Ms. Kate and I received. I felt like it was a “family reunion” with cousins that we hadn’t seen in three years. Lots of love to share all the way around. After the services today we went to our favorite restaurant again and that too was like “coming home” with the warm welcome we received.

I just filled my feeders for the first time in days and the guests were in the branches and trees talking about it as I filled them. It is 1700 hrs right now and the guests have been coming in hot and heavy since 1630. That is their usual feeding time so I was trying to time it correctly and it worked well. And I wanted the birds to get a good chance at them before the darned squirrels found  out about it. I guarantee you that when I get up in the morning, the squirrels will already be on those feeders.

I’ll need to be up early tomorrow to get to the churches. My first furniture shipment is supposed to arrive tomorrow but I don’t know what time. I’m waiting on a phone call or a text to tell me when the stuff will arrive. But, I have some writing to do and I can maybe run some bulletins for next weekend. There is always something to do.

Tonight is the Super Bowl but I doubt that we will watch it because frankly we couldn’t care less who wins. I know that sounds “unAmerican” but sports are just not our things. I’ll probably go downstairs and pull up Star Trek Discovery on the CBS All Access channel.

That’s it. I hope you have a glorious week. We have a couple of nice weather days in the forecast and then back to rain and winter. Today is Groundhog Day and the rodent didn’t see his shadow so that allegedly says an early spring.  Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment