Friday, January 24, 2020

Sitting here in my recliner I can see squirrels on two of my feeders and two more in Margaret’s trees looking this way, probably trying to decide whether to come on over and start a fuss and chase. At the moment they are my only guests at the Backyard Buffet. I had three cardinals come through and swipe a bite but they didn’t stay. It looks like I may have to fill a couple of the sunflower seed feeders some time in the next couple of days. It is a bit sloppy out there today yet and according to my AccuWeather app, we have more rain starting this morning. That’’s no bueno. But, it is forty degrees ut there and hat’s not bad at all. I keep waiting for the “snowshoe” to drop. So far we’ve only had the one minor snow and as far as I’m concerned, we don’t need any more. But, winter is only half over and we’ve been known to have snow as late as April around here. God will send what God will send.

I went to meet with Dave, the current pastor, yesterday so he could show me how to work the copier. Well, I got there and the machine was. Still out of toner and we couldn’t run any. UPS had been to the church to deliver it butt since there was no one at the church they didn’t leave it. So, Dave called the council president last evening about it. I don’t know what they are going to do about it. It’s not my problem until next week. LOL Technically, it isn’t my problem until a week from tomorrow, but I can’t wait until then to start setting up my offices. (Yes, I have one at each church.) I have a bunch of “just stuff” to take up there and I have a bunch of book that I want to move from my office downstairs to one of the offices, probably St. Lucas, to use up there. Ms. Kate and I need to go to Office Depot and place our order for the new furniture for the St. Lucas office. What they have is at least twenty years old and is really showing it’s wear and tear. There simply isn’t space at that church to do too much so the Pastor’s office is also the room for the filing cabinets and the copier machine. Back when it was all built, the pastor was living in the parsonages next door and worked out of there. I feel that the Pastor’s Office should have a certain setting that says professionalism. I know the church budget is limited and we need to use our money to support missions etc. so, I told the council that I would buy the stuff myself if they will assemble it. The office at St. Paul’s is a “new addition” to the building and the furniture in there is in much better shape. I don’t spend a of of time in either of the offices so maybe it isn’t a big deal but I hope to are it look a little better and be more “user-friendly”.

My aviary guests are starting to arrive and the mockingbird and the starling are going to do battle of the one feeder. So, I think I will refill my cup of coffee and sit “ringside “ for the Battle Royale. You go have yourself a blessed day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment