Friday, January 3, 2020

Rain, rain, go away; I don’t need to see you today. The rain is not unexpected and I think it is to last on and off throughout the day and maybe into tomorrow. But the temperature is holding around forty something degrees so at least it isn’t snowing or icing or storming. As our forecaster says: “Just plain old rain”.

The Backyard Buffet is mostly deserted this morning. I’ve had an occasional Cardinal come through and once in awhile a downy woodpecker drops buy, but that is it. Not even the squirrels are out. Earlier this morning I had a small flock of starlings come through but they didn’t stay. So, it is pretty quiet in the back yard.

It has been quiet in the house this morning too. Ms. Kate had a rough night and didn’t get to sleep until sometime around 0500 & 0600. We finally heard from her doctor’s office yesterday and he had prescribed prednisone for her and it seemed to relieve her pain pretty well. However, last night she took a Tylenol too and I think the combo kept her awake and also gave her a nauseous stomach. She has another medication that she is supposed to be taking but it is held up by the insurance company for some reason. I think it is Uloric or the generic form of it. Substituting the generic is probably what the question is by the insurance company. The medicine is to deal with the raised uric acid problem. She needs to contact Dr. Jackson’s office this morning and see where they are in solving the problem. Otherwise, we’ll be running into a weekend and people won’t be around and it will be next week before she can get it. This is day eleven that she has had to deal with this.

My week has been messed up again. Tues/Wed holidays just befuzzle my brain’s time line. I thought yesterday was Saturday and here it is actually only Friday now. There are life indicators that keep your mind in line. For instance, for us, Thursday is “trash day”. Well the holidays delayed that a day for the second week in a row. How am I supposed to keep up with life. Add to that the fact that I’m not working on this weeks sermon and service, I’m working on February 16th. II’s no wonder I don’t know if I’m coming or going.

That’s all for today my friends. I hope you take some time out from your busy schedule and sit down and have a nice chat with God. God really desires to hear from us for something besides personal “gimme’s” . Take time to thank God for all of the blessings you have received. Peace



No comments:

Post a Comment