Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Hello Wednesday, you beautiful thing. It is fifty degrees and there is a light layer of fog that is easy enough to see through but still is beautiful. I’ve often told you that I love a foggy morning like this. The air is still and the earth is silent. God has pulled up the sheets for an extra moment or two to snooze.

I’m not going in to the office this morning. I spent about six hours at the hospital yesterday with a family. The dad was having a serious surgery and much of the family was there. The mom is a member of our church and I have known her for probably seventy years. She teaches the Sunday school class I attend. Dad is catholic so he has his own clergy support but, I’ve known him for thirty years too and at a time like that it really doesn’t matter what church folks are from, prayer is prayer and we need all we can get. I’m very happy to report that the doctor said the operation was successful. he fella is ninety years old but is a fighter with a zest for life. It is still going to be touch and go for awhile as he has a lot of healing to do, a lot of pain to manage, and some drastic life-style changes.

I’m hoping the yard will dry out just a little bit today. The bird-feeders are all empty or almost empty and I need to get out there and fill them this afternoon, It is “warm” today but cold weather is coming by Saturday. The weather forecaster said that the last half of January is going to feel like the winter that we are supposed to be having this time of year. Fortunately, he also said for “snow-lovers” to not get too excited. That makes me excited. LOL But I haven't had any guests here this morning to speak of. I had a couple of cardinals come by and snack on some safflower seed, and a woodpecker or two came by. There is a wren out there at the moment but that is about it. I guarantee you though, as soon as I fill all of the feeders, they will be swarming in.

I’m having lunch today with the current pastor of the parish that I’m going to in February. We’ll talk about how he feels things are at the parish, any changes he has made, and why he has chosen to leave; and since he is also a retired USAF officer, I reckon we’ll talk that kind of stuff too. Dave is two months older than me ad has only been ordained three years. So, I’m anxious to know why he is retiring after only three years. Becoming an ordained minister is not an easy path to follow and I know he worked hard to achieve that goal. I also know that being a pastor can wear you out. That is why I “retired’ from it three years ago, but my “retirement” only lasted a year and I was ready to jump back in. So, basically I just took a year long sabbatical to refresh and review.

Ms. Kate is making a big ol’ pot of veggie soup today. I know what I’ll be having for supper. I love her soups. I can't think of a single soup that she makes that I don’t care for. She makes her vegetable soup very much like her mom did, and I always loved her mom’s soup.

That’s enough for today. I hope your day is filled with joy and love. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment