Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Wednesday! Hump Day! And --- last "office day" at Zoar United Church of Christ. Sunday I will preach my last sermon and I will put my robe in its zip-up bag and walk out the door and Monday I will start at my new church. That really sounds strange to me. I usually have a break between assignments but not this time. There is too much to get done. There is always a flurry of stuff to do when you start a new job and a lot of it is just "stuff" like arranging the office like you want it so it can work best for you., -- going through left over stuff that you know is of zero importance. When I was pastor at that parish before, there was stuff that I knew was of no value and had been there for no one knows how long, but I let it set there because I thought I might offend somebody by throwing it away. Well, I looked in the cabinet that is in the office up there and nothing has been moved or touched which means the current pastor didn't know what to do with it either. LOL. Well, this time I'm going to be a bit more bold in my house cleaning.

Last night I went through all of the bulletins that I have to produce for February. Since I have two churches, that means I have two sets of bulletins. I use basically the same service at both churches but there are tailored ting for each church, so I can make just one bulletin; although, I'm going to work on that problem. So, now I am completely ready for February. It will just be a matter of printing out the bulletins each week. I also got started on the March bulletins, or at least the bulletin for March 1st, which is the first Sunday of March. That will be a communion Sunday and those bulletins take a bit more work.

When I leave the office today, I'm heading to a parishioner's home and do an in-home communion with them. He doesn't get to church do to illness (cancer) so I try to do comunion with them at least every six weeks and they seem to appreciate it. But, this will be my last opportunity so I don't want to miss it. I've known these folks for at least seventy years and they are great people.

Having said all of that, I need to close up shop here and go see my people. Have a blessed week. ---- you're half way through the work week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment