Saturday, April 29, 2017

Rain, Rain ----- well you know the rest! Wow, what torrential down pours we have had for the last twelve hours. Facebook friends tell of rain gauges being full at the nine inch mark and one even claimed a fifteen inch filling. I guess, by looking at the radar to the west of us, we are literally in the calm between the storms right now. It hasn't rained for about forty five minutes but radar shows this storm going all the way back across Oklahoma. Last night was one constant rumble of thunder and lightning. Ms. Kate and I made use of the extra bed we have in the basement because we were under a tornado watch for most of the night. Prediction is that we'll do it all over again tonight. I'm hoping that it remains at least cloudy today and the sun doesn't start shining through. That will destabilize the atmosphere and make it worse.

Yesterday was a pretty much do nothing day. I asked neighbor Dan over for coffee and he and I sat out here in the sunporch until almost noon just visiting. I think we covered most of the world's problems and came up with the correct solution to solve them. Then yesterday afternoon he brought over several packages of Vietnamese spring rolls that Minh had made and put in their freezer. She is still in California taking care of her mother but she told Dan to be sure and bring those to us. Her spring rolls are the best I think we have eaten. we told Dan that the next time they make up a bunch we want to come over and help and learn how to do it. They generally make up a batch of about 300 at a time.

The birds and the squirrels are all here now. They are filling up at the backyard buffet while it isn't raining. We are excited that the Red Breasted Grossbeak are at our feeders. They travel through here twice a year on the migration. hey will be around here in small numbers for about two weeks. They have their own distinctive sound that reminds me of a kitten mewing. They are a black and white bird with a red breast and about the size of a robin. Their bill is shaped much like that of a Cardinal. I'm glad that my buffet is on their route.

I guess Ms. Kate and I need to decide what house of worship we will attend tomorrow. Frankly, I think it will depend on whether it is pouring down rain or not. But If it isn't maybe we'll go to Cross Roads Christian again. It is a non-denominational mega-church on the east side of town. We went there once already and enjoyed the service and the message of the pastor. Why not try it again? We have hopped through several church now since I retired and have narrowed down a short list of those we would attend again.

I hope your weekend is good and that you have and take the opportunity to attend a worship service that fills you with the Holy Spirit. Until Monday ---- have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment